logo PORTAIL.WALLONIE.MUSEUM visiter voir apprendre informer

Beloeil Castle and Park

Photos 11273169.JPGThe castle, estate of the Princes of Ligne since the 14th century, entirely furnished, houses numerous collections: precious furnishings, remarkable tapestries, paintings, sculptures and porcelains adorn the apartments.Destroyed by fire in 1900, the castle was rebuilt on its own foundations; the wings, entrance pavilions and the roofing in Mansart fashion remained intact and date back to the end of the 17th century. French gardens contrast harmoniously over 25 hectares, water ponds, greenery settings, light and shadows. Its design dates back to 1664.
3.73266 50.5495