logo PORTAIL.WALLONIE.MUSEUM visiter voir apprendre informer

Milling Museum – Banal Mill

BRAINE-LE-CHATEAUCarte wallonie

 

[en] Description

[en] Informations pratiques

Avantages

Photo gallery

[en] Dans la région ... [fr]

 

Musée de la Meunerie - Moulin Banal

Rue des Comtes de Robiano, 4

1440 BRAINE-LE-CHATEAU

02/366.93.49

www.braine-le-chateau.org

tourisme@braine-le-chateau.org

Technique      

 

[en] Description

11081571.JPG11081573.JPG

Collections

Machinery, equipment and tools used in mills.
The presence of a common mill at Braine-le-Château has been on record since 1226. The machine had 2 hydraulic wheels which activated 4 pairs of grinding stones. For the use of these, farmers had to pay the mill master the "measly amount" of 1 sack out of 22 to be able to grind their grain. Today, converted into the Milling Museum, the mill, whose water wheel turns in good weather, is open to the public. The site has been registered since 12/11/1954 and the mill itself since 06/02/1970.

Bâtiment